Sunday, January 23, 2005

The coolest blog I know.

It's fuckin' cold out there. It's so freakin' cold and the snow is stacked up so high , that'll freeze your butt off. Can you dig it , man ? I sure can't.

You know what I think addition to that ? I think that since this god-forsaken region of earth got the wonders of social-security and the intrinsic properties of a Scandinavian wellfare state , we had to give up good weather. A small price to pay , huh ? Not to me , no freakin' way..

And to tell you the truth , it's like this most of the time here. Finland is a shithole when it comes to weather. Either too damn cold (and once in a millenia) or too hot. But , that's not what my topic is about..

I'm going to tell you about one of the first so-called "Blogs" that I found about a year ago. This blog that I'm talking about , is certainly popular with a capital "P". Basically , there was ( mind the past tense , folks !) a guy named CBFTW serving in the 25th infantry division (Stryker assault team) in Iraq , in Baghdad who wrote about the daily happenings he had while being deployed over there for a year or so. At first , and for a long time too , he told everything the way it happened to him over there (that "boots on the ground" - feeling) . I read his blog because , to tell you the truth , I figured that the best information you could get was from a "regular Joe". Yeah , the stuff that happens over there truly interests me..

Ayway , he told his readers about nightly ambushes , patrols , good times that reminded him of home , and of course the day the army decided to pull the plug on his detailed reports. I guess they had somehow figured out who "CBFTW" was in the unit , and he was given an "official warning" to cut down on the too detailed reports of the operations. I guess I could understand the officers' decision with all of that OPSEC - stuff , but nevertheless they really took away the very idea behind all of that stuff he wrote.

Heh , when I read his blogs , I silently cursed my luck. Yeah , guys like him could "get into the shit" any freakin' time they wanted since they had been lucky enough to be born as Americans. Hell yeah , I wanted in too. Those were the days when the job of a civilian "photographic correspondent" (war correspondent) that could get launched into battle zones with the troops and all started to interest me too.. Well , after the first high eluded , I abandoned the idea completely.

You could actually get killed over there. And besides , my girlfriend wasn't too interested of me becoming a freelancer "war correspondent" that could get a bullet in his skull any damn second over there.. Yeah , it was a bad idea from teh' start. And besides , young adults like me are so very open to war-related temptations like these.. Luckily I'd like to call myself a man who worries about his "family" more than anything else.

So anyway , back to CBFTW. After he was ordered to cut down on the detailed reports , he made some very "politically correct" stuff about the stuff that happened over there , and then he went completely silent for sometime. I thought that he had been killed over there , and I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one thinking along those lines too. Afterall , the 25th ID Stryker combat team does seem to see alot of action..

About a week ago it happened !

He proclaimed with a huge "THE WAR'S NOT OVER" - topic and a few carefully picked quotes from the movie "Rambo - first blood" , that he was alive and been sent back home ! Yeah , his tour had ended and he was back home at the moment.

I hope he'd write some more , but I'm sure a guy like him doesn't have all the time in the world to make hugely detailed analysses' concerning his tour over there at all... So I'm happy with this too.


----

http://cbftw.blogspot.com/ - The coolest blog I know.









No comments: