Thursday, February 03, 2005

Make me a meal.

This topic is about the fine art of cooking and preparing food. You know , cuisine and gastronomie.

First of all , I have to admit that I absolutely suck in it. I've never been good in it , but I can manage to cook potatoes , rice , noodles , make a dry cake (that might actually miss an ingredient or too , but hey , nothing's perfect for me in this area !) or some other smaller foods.. And as I write this , I just remembered my ability to prepare chicken-wings in the oven if needed.

The microwave is a freakin' blessing to me , although the traditional oven I can handle too. And hey , the oven is as easy to handle in many cases as the microwave is. The intrinsic difference just is , that the microwave does it's job faster than the oven and therefore people like me tend to weight it better. Of course I understand that you can't make cinnamon buns in a microwave (unless they're deep-frozen microwave-buns !!) and more or less , they say that cooking food is much more healthier when it's done in an oven.

Why can't I cook , you ask ? Well , so far I haven't had the need to pick up the skill or learn it since out here where I am at the moment I'm not the one doing the cookin' . Maybe I'm a lazy bastard for not bothering to learn how to cook , but so far I've managed to keep myself alive even with my considerably bad cooking-skills..

Oh yeah , and I hate porridge.







No comments: