Friday, February 04, 2005

All work = and no play.

We're supposed to write a summer-job application for our English class tomorrow.

It's pretty easy actually , it's just the whole damn context that's got me thinking and all. You ever been to one of those summerjobs ? Perhaps a real lousy one that pays you exactly "dick" amount of money ? Yeah , I bet some of us have similar experiences..

Me ? Well , my summerjob experiences have been pretty small compared to some of the people I know. And , well , I actually got paid according to the amount of work I did. So , well , I got what I asked for and I've been happy. But , then there's places like this one a certain person I knew got employed in a few years ago. It was a telemarketing firm that actually paid you according to the amount of successful deals (or , in this case , subscribtions to a certain magazine) you made.

On bad days , he got yelled at , cussed at , the boss kept tormenting him due to low productivity and the pay really really sucked. He didn't get much money out of it. Well , in the following summer he applied to the same position again , since , he was/is one of those "in need of the money" - types. And , hell , who wouldn't these days ? And , at this age !? Frankly , I can say that there's just one person that I know who can honestly admit (whether or not the person really likes to , or not) that he or she (I'm not telling you which gender) has enough money to go around , and mind you , this person is around my age.

As I've understood , in many cases the "do I like doing this job ? " - factor in summerjobs isn't something that we're supposed to consider at this age. Oh sure , we're supposed to accept crappy telemarketing jobs , shit-shoveling , all sorts of door-to-door marketing shit and jobs at fast-food restaurants such as McDonalds. Well , let me tell you that some unfortunate individuals actually have to take up such jobs and end up getting exactly zero out of their efforts.

Yeah , sure , I'll admit it too. Life ain't fair and you've got bills to pay in many cases. But then again , there's the sorts of people that really complain about nothing. The sorts of people that complain about how their job is so hard (summerjobs too) and end up walking away with very hefty paychecks every month. I just can't understand that sort of shit ,and those kinds of people.

Know why ? four words: money surpasses anything else.

They can shovel freakin' five feet of shit up my neck , but I won't complain about a thing if the paycheck covers everything else. Still , money is more important than the feedback I get. Sure it might be more often negative than positive , but for christ sakes' , you're getting pretty freaking well paid for being the scapegoat du jour !! To me , that poses no problems. Maybe I'm just a person who weights these sorts of things in money , granted , but I just wouldn't let such things bother me.

And hey , how many of you people actually have jobs you like and are good at !? Let me ask you that first and I'll give you sometime to think about it too.. And remember , this applies to summerjobs also.

Had your time to think already ? Good.

So , you've got a job you like , and you can call yourself reasonably good in it too. But , then , maybe the workplace isn't too god for you. Maybe they yell at you over there or the overall atmosphere sucks donkey's balls. Despite these little ailments , you still get paid pretty well. What the fuck is your problem !?

You shouldn't let people like that let you down , instead , thinking of money should be your only goal and objective in places like that. So , hey , this is an advertisement as well to anybody willing to employ a guy to do work for you ! You can yell at me , curse me to the lowest pits of hell , blame me for the holocaust, and above all call me lazy for as long as you pay me a really satisfying amount of money every payday. Hey , I'm all yours and promise to be real quiet too since all I'll be thinking about will be the fancy dancemoves I'll put on when jivin' to my bank-account after each payday.. Oh yeah , I forgot , jobs like that don't exist in my world.

And come on , this is a bit of a wake-up call to the people that consider their well-paying , comfortable , indoor-situated jobs somehow real lousy. Dear sir or madam , you have no idea on what it means to have a job like that. So quit your whining and take the emotional baggage , since afterall you are awarded with a prominent amount of money every month.. So , like , what do you really have to worry about anyways ? We live in a profit-society here , so time to get on the boat , yes ?

And yeah , then there's the people that get their jobs through contacts. Maybe your uncle fixed you up with a cozy job indoors at the office , or maybe "daddy" is some big-shot in your municipality or local company. He , she , or "it" gave you that job.. Of course it's all fine and nice when it happens , but if you get paid well for it too , there's really no fucking use for you to gripe about it despite the work atmosphere.

As said before , people like that just don't fucking fit into my picture. Since , believe it or not , things could be a hell of a lot more worse than you think..


Alright , go run to work , school , bed or just stay here looking at the black screen in amazement since , the court is in recess.



I'll talk more to you all tomorrow..















No comments: