Wednesday, July 20, 2005

And so I discovered... I was not alone.

There are times when I feel like the dumbest and most un-innovative bastard to have walked this miserable piece of earth. You know , I really do. It seemed like , whatever I tried to concieve out from the deep bowels of my mind , it all came out as totally crappy and in the end failed miserably.

I guess I started feeling this way when I finally realized that the book I had been writing for several years wasn't going to finish itself without my considerable assistance. It stoned me for several months and then the months turned into years and the years turned... You know the rest. But , just today I actually found someone else who had made something equally dumb and almost as useless and completely in the wrong context ! I'm relieved , in a way.

So then , there's a gunsmith in Russia. His name is Pavel Savinin and he lives in the city of Tula. He , like many other fellow countrymen these days , seems to be very concerned over the rampant and violent levels of street crimes in Russia. As a gunsmith , you'd think that he'd have developed a huge freakin' 5-megaton-bazooka-guided-missile-launcher-assault-shotgun-rifle with laser and plasma grenade launchers to combat these levels of crimes. But no , he hasn't. Instead , he has developed a 45cm toothbrush with the weight of 800 grams as the weapon "everybody should have in order to fight street-crimes". Mr. Savinin has plans to get this weapon of his to industrial mass-production as soon as possible. And you know , I really wouldn't be that surprised if someone in Russia would actually agree to his plans.

The inspiration for this deadly weapon , according to the gunsmith , was found through his fear of dentists and passionate hate for the toothpaste-commercials seen on the television.

You know , this guy is likely about a few centuries too late. You would assume that any sensible person would just buy a gun and protect himself that way. But , this guy is apparently quite convinced that his "weapons" will work. I'd really like to see the sales-figures for his toothbrush-weapons in a few months... or years.

Although , to think of it , maybe you can't buy guns the same way in Russia as you can in many other places. Thus the conclusion being that... The toothbrushes are definately their.. last hope..

Well , I beat him anyway.

No comments: