Monday, July 03, 2006

See that jarhead ? It's me

The way I see it, is that I've been here for almost two weeks now, and it's starting to be quite boring.

You've got your noisy neighbours, deep screeching sounds and the usual hassle of the city: but what you don't have, is something to do.

I've been really bored lately: my daily routine kinda reminds me of my days back home. You've got nothing else to do, besides watching the television and waiting for each day to end and a new one to begin. It really starts getting to you after awhile. And maybe, just maybe, it'll get you too. My daily routines consist of laying in the sun and reading books: a few weeks ago I started this historical bible-sized book of "epic proportions" from Jared Diamond, called Guns , Germs and Steel. And as I stated before, it's one hell of a book in both the size and content: you've got the rise and fall of the European and Native-American civilizations explained along with very well explained theories on why the African culture in particular didn't get to rule over us whites millions of years ago.

All in all, it's one of those "just the facts, ma'am" - books, that deliver all the concerete hard facts along with the interest level of a stone dry carcass. So all in all, you're certainly required to be in the "right mood" to be able to enjoy it - in fact you've got to have the right state of mind to be able to pick it up and have a go in the first place.

Anyway, alot of soft drinks are downed here every day too. Last year I started building a huge tower out of the Coke, Sprite and Fanta cans that I had emptied. Now though, I'm building another tower for the sole purpose of throwing rocks at it so I'll have something to do.

Like I told you before: I'm bored as hell here. I wish I'd have darts here, I'd probably throw them around all day long - and the night too, I guess. Afterall, I've got nowhere to go and the time, unfortunately, is plenty.

I'm thinking of going someplace else the next vacation: afterall this place is starting to grow a bit boring after seeing it for something like fifteen years. I'm thinking about Lapland for the next vacation spot, mainly because it is new and strange for me. My girlfriend's been there a few times, and she tells me that in this one specific place over there, the hotel and accomodations are really cheap. Apparently you get a fully outfitted room with TV's, microwaves, DVD - players, fridges etc. for something like fifty euros a night. You can't beat that, even if the local supermarkets only sell food products made out of reindeer meat.

The night's dark again: the creepy voices and that warm hot air of summer nights confronts me out there. I'll go sit in the yard again, hopefully it'll be quiet again while I listen to my MP3 - player..

No comments: