Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The dark night swallows the day..

It's been very hot here again.

Last night I had trouble sleeping, and after several failed attempts on hitting the hay, I continued reading Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel. That thing pretty much put me to sleep, although it's still a very good and informative book. It's kinda like if you'd publish a mechanical manual or something to that end on toilet paper: the overall look of the publication wouldn't be much, but the text would sure as hell be concrete "no bull" information.

We also bought all the needed ingredients to make Sushi. We'll probably try to manufacture it today, but we've also got a game of Petanque set for tomorrow. And I've never played it before, so odds are, that it's going to take a fair amount of time to familiarize.

Anyway, the store I bought all those Sushi-stuff from, also had some weird teas: I ended buying something called "Luo Han Kyo - Tea" from the shop due to its' rather inventive package. It was manufactured in China. Sometimes Chinese food scares me, since you can never know what they manufacture food out of. Once, I remember reading an article about some Chinese folks selling some sort of jam made out of tigers feet. Now, all of the feet that had been used in the production of the Chinese Tiger Foot Jam, had apparently came from the little leggies of some type of an soon-to-be extinct tiger ! And the Chinese made jam out of their feet !

Anyway, the tea was in these little brown cubes you put in hot water. The tea itself tasted like Soy and regular tea put together. It certainly wasn't the nicest of my culinary experiences, but after my second cube of "Luo Han Kyo" - tea, it didn't really matter, though. I'm hoping, that this mystical oriental tea would have some sort of a profound effect on me: perhaps it would let me see in the dark, or perhaps give the strength of ten oxen in bed. Hopefully when I'm done drinking this stuff in a week or so, I'll be the ultimate warrior of all time.

Now though, I'll be going to the yard again to sit in the darkness and listen to music. You have a good night.

No comments: