Sunday, July 09, 2006

The animal refuge - part deux

Last morning when we were about to go to the city, something unexpected happened again. We found this fellow sitting on the yard table:


That's right, a very friendly cat stood on the table and jumped down when it saw me. I proceeded to pat it, and it was very friendly towards me from the start. Have I mentioned, that I love cats ?

Anyway, the cat just rolled around and purred happily as I took a few more shots of it:


By all accounts, the cat was extraordinarily friendly. It probably belonged (as far as cats can "belong" to anyone) to one of the neighbours in the area. Nevertheless, it was a very nice sight to see a cat as friendly and nice looking as this one. The 20 or so cats that my girlfriend's parents place houses aren't always as nice as this one, since some of them always try to bite me (but they're little catties, and like to play around, therefore biting me). Once, a cat got its' head stuck in a catfood tin, and it ran around the yard like crazy!!

Still though, I like all the cats I've ever encountered, besides this one ugly bastard that used to beat my black kitty around six years ago. Nobody around that area liked the ugly bastard of a kitten, but its' owner always protected it by going around and yelling at people who gave his precious little kitty some trouble. I hope that fat dude's dead now - and his "lovely" cat, too !

Whenever I see cats, myself, I became somewhat melancholic. I used to have two very nice cats about six years ago, but the older black one just left us when we moved even further into the backwoods of Sipoo. The other cat, named Ernest, got ran over before my eyes when I was about thirteen. I felt very lonely those days when both of my cats had either been MIA'd or KIA'd out of my life. It was a tough time, since I was pretty new to the neighbourhood and didn't really care much for it. I still don't, actually.

My parents then got a dog. It seemed at times, that they were more happy to get rid of the cats and get a dog, than to try and make things better for the cats. Now, sure, I don't hate dogs at all- but the fact still is, that I've lived among cats most of my time, and thus their influence on me has stuck. I don't hate dogs at all (have to say it again), but the individuality of cats fascinates me. They're alot more human than dogs, who need masters in order to be able to survive. I believe that the saying which dictates, that "dogs have masters, but cats have staff", is true for the most part. Perhaps the cat considers you more as a piece of furniture than the supreme commander of its' life. Dogs on the other hand, follow very strict rules and orders for their existence.

Well, I think I'll call it a day at this point. There's still to more posts I have to do today, but right now I'm going to go outside and play a few games of darts !

Bye !!

No comments: