Tuesday, November 15, 2005

"All busdrivers must fucking hang"

It's suicide trying to go out now.

Once again the Finnish weather has surprised me with it's utter shittyness. The wind and the rain mixed with the all-encompassing darkness typical of this time of the year has yet again produced quite a storm outside. If the cold rain doesn't completely paralyze you , then the extremely high wind will. This is the Finnish version of hurricane Katrina; slightly less lethal but quite a pain in the ass and neck anyway.

Just 15 minutes ago I was supposed to go to school. I dressed warmly and took an umbrella with me in order to be able to fight off at least a small amount of the shitty rain that aggressively fell on me without warning. I missed the two busses that were on their way to Porvoo since my umbrella - all of a sudden - "turned inside out" for the lack of a better term and I had to run to catch it as the wind got a hold of it. It seemed quite probable that I was going to be late. Late on a grand scale.

I remembered that occasionally there was a bus that was supposed to arrive at the bus stop at around 07:30. Despite the wind killing my umbrella and the cold rain falling on my face I still had some spiritual strenght left in me. So I stood there cursing silently.

The rainfall was so heavy that I wiped my face on the sleeve of my neckscarf at least twice. It was hard to just try and see in front of you not to mention the wind that shoved you backwards every single second. I couldn't see in front of me that well at all. I recognised a bus advancing several distances away. As it drove closer I lifted my hand in order to give the driver of the bus a signal to stop. Well , the driver did acknowledge the signal and pulled the bus to a stop RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME ! In other words , he almost drove over me and to top it all off , it wasn't even the right bus.

As the front door of the bus opened the driver started screaming at the black - clad wet pile holding a broken umbrella in his hand that was me. He demanded to know why the hell had I been standing in the middle of the road which I certainly hadn't done. He was very angry at me and as I noticed his somewhat uncalled-for burst of anger it also agitated me to a reaction. And unfortunately , my reaction to his reaction , in essence wasn't pretty.

I told the stupid bald son-of-a-bitch to go fuck himself. Obviously he wasn't too fond of the comment , but then again I hadn't liked what he had to say about me a few moments before , either. An eye for an eye , as the bible states.

So he drove off and I decided to call it a morning since I was quite wet already and needed to get indoors as quickly as possible. I have to admit that when I walked back home from that shitty bus stop I let out quite an amount of curses at rapid fire pace. I was amazed at the speed that my mouth could produce such verbal abuses.

No comments: