Thursday, January 19, 2006

General winter got me by the balls

Good evening , folks.

A few days ago I was ultimately very positive in saying that the days were transforming into much warmer and longer in terms of daylight; I was very , very wrong in my prophecies. Yesterday it was over 20 C here in southern Finland , not to mention the 30 or so degrees in the western parts of the country , such as Ostrobothnia.

This is supposed to be spring , for Pete's sake ! Now it rather seems that the infamous "ever-changing" weather system of Finland has once again spoken and the results are quite clear; we'll be freezing our butts off for quite sometime to come.

I forgot my black woolscarf at school yesterday too , which of course sucked big time. I had to tie a stupid blue-striped one to my neck today when I went out. I also had four layers of clothing on me (plus gloves and an overcoat) when I went out today (one T-shirt , one long-sleeved T-shirt , one black shirt and a black V-necked pullover on top of everything else) . The climate is horrendous at the moment , not to mention how hard it is to move out there right now. The wind's colder than Stalin's fart in Russian hell (which is very cold , btw) along with the fact that your face will freeze in minutes thus nailing a rather stupendous look on your face.

Anyway , I got the results of this university-grade history course that I went to a few months back. It had a test in two parts in which you had to answer two essay-style questions out of three. My results from the first part were above normal whereas the results from the second part's test were considerably better; I got 5/5 from the first essay that covered reasons for the overall success of the "European human" in the international scene and from the second one , which covered reasons for Japan's and China's successes in resisting western imperialism and colonization efforts for so long , I got a 4/5. These are excellent test results in my opinion too , despite the fact that we were informed in advance to prepare for the essay-questions covering the successes of the European human.

Right now , though , I'm thinking about having a cup of something really warm and nice; mainly Darjeeling tea or the Persian brand. I'll leave you to ponder your own conundrums for the moment although I'll promise to give you an update soon enough.


Haben Sie einen guten Abend!

No comments: