Monday, January 26, 2009

Things the way I see them..

I think that my life is about cycles. What you leave behind will sooner or later come around.. Just like in that saying "What goes around comes around" etc.

To think about it, this is the way my life has always been: first you find that thing X is bad for you and you try to get away from it - and once you finally get away from it, you just find it staring you straight in the face again sometime later. Things like these don't change, believe me. I've got a dozen examples to show you, but I guess I'm too tired to list even a few of them concerning the cycles.

So, umm.. I've been trying to figure out what to do next with my life. All I know right now is, though, that once I'm finished with that one course at school I'm finished with studying for awhile. I'm gonna get a job of some sort. Don't really care what I do for a living as long as I get paid monthly for it. And I've also considered moving - but currently I just don't know where to. Should I just cut the chase and return back to the south? There would certainly be enough jobs there as of now. On the other hand, though, this place has grown on me in a weird way. Must be because I've settled in quite well.. And god forbid, I've been here for three years soon. Some things kinda do grow on you after awhile.

During the nights I think. I plan for things and formulate schematics in my head about what to do next and what not to do. Going to High School in this country was a mistake. I should've gone to one of those vocational schools and gotten a profession - and by now I'd be working and having a blast earning a monthly salary. Right now being a student sucks big time. But then again, I think students rarely have it that easy anywhere. Maybe I'd be better off if I wasn't here.. Leaving the south so hastily was a really immature choice. I made it in a hurry, and didn't think about the long-term consequences at all. But I do blame myself for it. I was an adult man back then, albeit with poor judgment - but an adult man nonetheless. And I'll bear with the consequences. As a sidenote, a handful of people I know from around here have left Ostrobothnia to move to the south. They keep telling me that there aren't any jobs here. Well, they are kinda right.

No comments: