Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Homecoming's suck.

Yeah , exactly what the title tells you.

I got back home yesterday from a certain trip with my girlfriend. We had a great time once again but when I got to Helsinki things fell back.

It rained and a thunder-storm shortly followed. I cursed at my luck. Like I would've thought about packing an umbrella with me. Anyway , my parental unit wasn't interested on driving all the way to Helsinki in order to pick me up since it seemed that our lovely home-municipality of Sipoo was experiencing a rather nasty thunderstorm of it's own.

When I got to that new bus-station in Helsinki I found out that there weren't any busses leaving to my direction for a while but I really wanted to go home real fast (of course I could've just waited) . I went to the subway station nearby in order to get to the outskirts of Helsinki where you can actually get to a bus that goes to Porvoo (which is situated real close where I live). I've must've been in a subway about seven times and five of them were when I was around 10 , so my knowledge of the Helsinki railway-network was "somewhat" lacking. I managed to get to the right railway-car on my second try , thank god.

To tell you the truth , I felt a bit uneasy in that railway-car with all of those people around due to that unfortunate incident in it about a year ago. What "incident" am I talking about , you ask ? Well , a man best to be described with the words "a fucking nutcase" entered the subway-car with an axe and hit a fellow passenger with it in the head. Needless to say , the victim died.

Luckily , no "axe-men" entered the subway to punish me for not paying the ticket fee. So I got as far as "Itäkeskus" with the subway and then got out. In there , I walked to a small bus-stop in the drizzling rain and started to wait for the bus. For some odd reason the bus-stop was situated in front of a two-cent "watering hole" - of a restaurant for the worst bunch , I'm afraid. All sorts of drunken people seemed to be bursting in and out of the establishment. One "cowboy" - dressed gentleman even decided to piss on the front steps while the music of "Irwin Goodman" was playing in the background.

Then another "classic" turn of events erupted.

A weird, shaggy-looking old lady turned up from around the corner with a push-cart full of all sorts of bags. My facial expression developed into a scowl upon seeing that the old lady was also drunk and was equipped with a cell-phone that she was currently talking into. I understood that I had stumbled (or perhaps she had stumbled upon me ?) upon a classic "bag-lady". This specific bag-lady started to push her cart around in a circle and at the same time she was mumbling something into her cellphone. I listened to her for about 20 minutes when a middle-aged couple turned up to the bus-stop. The lady politely asked me how much was the time. As I told her , the man opened up a bottle of beer and started to drink it down.

They started to argue and the guy asked the woman something along the lines; "what ? What's the matter ? Can't I drink a bottle of beer ?"

Then the bus arrived and the rain just intensified. I just sat to the bench and let out a giant sigh.

No comments: