Monday, August 01, 2005

Sight-seeing.



It's monday now in Finland when I'll be writing this. By now the last five days of my vacation here in Sweden have started.

There's a few more in's and out's I have to work out before I'll go home but everything's going to be pretty much the same , I bet. Anyway , I ventured out into the city last weekend and took a few very convinient shots of the local harbor and it's sights. And just so it happened , the Finnish band "Hanoi Rocks" had a concert of some sort nearby. We could hear most of the stuff , although I'm not a big fan of the apparent "Glam rock" that they seem to play. We were just there to take a few pictures , that's all.

Anyway , the harbor had three ships from the Swedish navy docked along with a submarine. The smallest boat , which was apparently a patrol craft of some sort was pretty much the only one that was available for access for free. The submarine and the bigger destroyer cost around 75 crowns to get into , and I wasn't too interested on paying up such amounts of money for something so trivial. My uncle told me that a few years ago all of the vessels were available for access without a fee.

I just took a few shots and quietly decided that I wasn't exactly the sort of a man who would like to do his conscription service aboard a boat. I honestly think that my life would grow very boring there along with the fact that being stuck on a boat with just a small group of dudes might actually bring about alot of internal conflicts. Plus , I want to get to my girlfriend's bed for goodnight's sleep every weekend/leave as well , mind you. So "being at sea" doesn't really seem like something for me to do either. It just makes me wonder what sorts of dudes might like to spend several weeks out in the sea with nothing else staring back at them from the windows beside sea...and.. an occasional isle.. or the seagulls. Thank god I've never been that fond of the navy.

So , after we had taken the pics , we pretty much ventured back into the city since the whole experience was done and.. done.

No comments: