Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Off the florida keys - There’s a place called Kokomo - That’s where you wanna go to get away from it all

I've had that classic Beach boys song playing in my head for the last week. And it all started when I saw this vid that had a parody about the song. And that one was pretty damn good too.

And you know , it's not a bad song to hum at this moment either. Since the summer vacation's started and where I'm going there's bound to be freakin' great weather. Although , it's still some time away.

Now , maybe I should buy a freakin' Hawaii shirt and those really big shorts and just walk around looking like a surfer. Would that suit me ? Well , at least that song has started me to think that it would actually fit me perfectly. You know , when I got up this morning that song started to play in my head again. For a moment , I really wanted to just lay in bed and dream I was in freakin' Kokomo myself. With all of them "steel drum bands" around and all..

I wonder where's this "Kokomo" anyway ? I'd assume that it's somewhere real nice and warm with clear skies and all since the Beach boys are singing about it. Everything's just surfing , cocktails and beautiful beaches where they come from. Sometimes I envy them. Hell , it must've been real easy to sing about all that in the sixties and fifties and not have to feel a single bite of depression or reality.

Well , I know I'm going to Kokomo this summer , no matter what. I'll have fun in the sun and the beaches , sip on exotic drinks and just lay in the sun until I have a tan up my ass. And I don't feel the least bit sorry since I deserve my own little Kokomo for this summer. I've marched through the shit , alright. So this is my prize.

I get to have fun now , alright ?!

No comments: