Saturday, March 12, 2005

Sky pilot.

Anyway , I picked up this cheap (and German) add-on pack for operation flashpoint about a few years ago. As said before, it was freakin' cheap and the cover certainly looked interesting. At that time , I hogged every possible add-on to Op:flash as possible.

The add-on's called "behind enemy lines" and was made by some German company (yeah , you can really tell). Like , let me tell you first on that it isn't such a great mod at all. Sure it's got all sorts of missions , but they're almost always pretty incomplete in one way or the other. These Germans have also made some pretty horrid grammar - and spelling mistakes all over the mod's dialogue , not to mention the horrible German "Euro-Techno" that has replaced the original music. Especially the music bugs the living daylights out of me.

Yeah , it's not exactly a treat. But anyway , there's this mission that I've been playing in it and it goes something like this..

You're a part of the resistance , and you've tasked to invade a Russian airport so that you can wreak havoc and stop the Russians from getting any supplies to their troops on the island. You start from a small town along with your eight other resistance members and a captured Russian truck. So , I load the truck full of my fellow resistance - members and so we get on the road tasked on finding the airport.

The first 15 minutes ,we just drive along the roads and finally comprehend that we're fucking lost (all of the towns start to look the same after a while) . So , luckily we've got a map and a compass. So we navigate ourselves to the "supposed" guard-post to the airport , and upon arrival we're on a fucking harbor !! Like , What the hell !?

Alright , so our navigation is fucked up for the second time. Luckily , we make a U - turn again and this time we actually MANAGE TO MAKE the right turn while driving through a small town called Bumville , or something..

Yeah , the airport can be seen now.

Out there , there's just one Ivan on guard next to his little post. He lets us through , and we enter through the secondary checkpoint. At that time , we pass a UAZ - jeep that patrols around the airstrip in regular intervals. That's when things start to go crazy..

There's like , six Ruskies walking around the airstrip barracks. One of them is an officer , I can see from the black beret. So , what do I do ? I just drive over them like a freakin' crazy mad dog !!! Hah hah hah

Yeah , I killed all them.. And after that , I order my squad to dismount from the truck. These guys just stay behind the truck and I walk to the runway. Guess what's parked next to the runway !? A freakin' SU-25 ground-attack aircraft along with a MI-24 Hind !!! Hah-haah !!

The Ruskies must've been expecting me !

So anyways , when I'm over there , I start to scan the horizon quietly. The UAZ - patrol is back !! I quickly pull the LAW from my backpack and crouch behind the helicopter.. The UAZ drives around real fast , and when it gets to my crosshair , I pull the trigger ! Foooommm !!!

The freakin' rocket hits the small jeep dead on ! The explosion is so huge , that it flips the jeep once in the air and then the UAZ lands on it's back !! Hah ! The Ruskies inside are freakin' fried !!

Then we just quickly mine the runway , play around with the chopper and the SU-25 and then set sail home.

PS. I shot the first gateguard with my XM upon leaving the airport..


Hah hahh !!

Just another day on the job..


Sincerely ,

Me !

No comments: