Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The need to leave

Sometimes I've thought about it.

You know, just leaving. One day just packing your bare essentials, selling 99% of everything you own and burning the rest, then just leaving with the next flight out of this country. I'll admit it, I've played around with the idea.

So, where would I go? It would be an escape, so naturally the place would have to be someplace real far away and secluded. I've always thought about the Caribbean being a good place to kick back for awhile. So, I would probably go there, then.

You see, I've started to experiment with the idea of letting go of this fabric of society that's wrapped us all around itself. What if one day, you would just decide not to a part of it? Just leave everything here, and find a new way of life someplace else? Preferably the place would have to be a reasonably secluded location, and one would have to be in a position to truly leave everything behind before making a dash there. You just couldn't leave a family behind just like that and try to find your dream someplace without consequences. I do, however, believe to be in a rather unique situation in which I could do that. It is a blessing of sorts. That I do not have have any strings attached to this society, since in a way I don't exist in it. I've only got a social security number, but that's about it. I've got no immediately family that might be concerned about anything, nor do I have any other social restrictions that might come and bite me in the ass the least I expect it. I believe to be in a unique situation with very little to lose and alot of things to gain. This sort of a situation would naturally be excellent for a trip, but it remains to be seen whether or not can I make myself go.

So, naturally - I've thought about leaving. Going away for a few months, maybe a year. Or maybe for forever. Whichever situation will present itself to me. I'd like to start someplace warm, and work myself up to another location. I feel that I'm in need of walkabout like this, but when and where will it begin - it is hard to say.

No comments: