Friday, June 08, 2007

An hour ago I was flicking through the various channels and noticed something rather surprising on the Finnish music channel, Voice-TV. In my opinion, they don't play old music too much, but for some reason the song 'Estranged' by GNR was on. I had never heard of that one from Guns n' Roses before, and for reason, I liked it alot.

The song had this very late 80's/early 90's feel to it. The good ol' days when GNR was still one of the hardest rocking bands on the face of the earth. Back in the day when W. Axl Rose still wore ripped jeans. The early 90's. The year 1993.. I think that one was a good year.

I was born in the 80's, and must say that the most prominent cultural stuff that took place then passed by me. The early 1990's still had some of that 80's feel to it too, and I remember that alot of that 80's stuff was still around at 1990 to 1993. I feel an odd connection to the 80's and early 90's for the simple reason that those years were the time I grew up from a little child to an adolescent little kiddie.

No comments: