Wednesday, May 23, 2007

We're All Stars In The Gun Show

It was a damn beautiful day today. Clear, blue skies and the nature starting to awoke to its green beauty. I love the smell of summer. That smell has only good memories attached to it. And now to think of it, I don't think that the winter smells like anything really - unlike summer and autumn. The smell of summer is a fresh odor - it has something pure and new in its tender fragrance. Something to do with the wind, I'd say.

Today was the last day of the hunting license-lectures. This old guy appeared, and he had 11 firearms with him to show to us all. 9 rifles of various (more or less hunting) calibers along with a pair of pistols. The instructor brought his Sako TRG (wow !) and a normal Valmet 412 S double-barreled shotgun with him. Those were real nice pieces of hardware that he had with him, but I'd say that for me personally the old guy's two pistols were of more interest. He had a 9mm Cz75 pistol, which was a real treat to handle. And he also had that interesting little James Bond - pistol, the Walther P22 there. I recently read that Seung-Hui Cho, the Virginia Tech shooter, had a P22 with him. That pistol is alot smaller in size as to when compared to many others, but I'd guess that it can be a very lethal sidearm at close ranges - and especially if aimed at the head of a person. Still though, the P22 felt like a damn kids toy when compared to the Cz75. I'd be real interested of taking that thing to the range and squeezing off a few rounds with it - the P22, I mean.

Then there were almost a dozen different hunting rifles with scopes. Mostly chambered to .306 and .308 calibers. After you had seen one, you had pretty much seen them all. And the absence of a pump-action shotgun really bugged me. I would've been real interested of seeing one, since my interest in pump-action shotguns is ever growing. Then we watched a few DVD's concerning moose- and deer-hunting, too.

Today I've also been playing C&C: Renegade. That game is surprisingly good coming from a game company that has never made any FPS-games before. So far I've only completed a few levels, but the way the guys at Westwood have managed to transform the strategic action of the older games into an FPS-enviroment is just exiting to say the least. Renegade is indeed one of the best games in that questionable Electronic Arts C&C Collection.

Now though, I think I'll go and have a bloody good and refreshing walk in the nocturnal night.

No comments: