Tuesday, May 22, 2007

No Rest for The Wicked

Turns out those guys from the municipality called me again yesterday. They offered me another two weeks of sanitation + gardening duty, but I declined of the offer. I've got another job coming though: my girlfriend's parents need some help with the dismantling of their former summer cabin - and I'll be the one to clean the site up.

This is good news for two reasons: they'll be paying me a full 6 euros an hour - compared to the municipal 'standard' of just 5.30 euros an hour. And what's best, is that no matter what these guys aren't very strict and tight-assed about work regulations. I landed a very potent summerjob this year, I'd say.

Yesterday I went to one of those hunting license-lessons again. The stuff presented there for us wasn't very interesting, but I tried to hang on for three hours. We're supposed to learn the names of several birds for the final exam a week from now. It seems that one has to be a bloody ornithologist in this country in order to just to be able to hunt. I'm really not that confident of my knowledge of birds - yet they're bound to ask of them during the exam. Fuck.

I watched Terminator 3 yesterday, as well. I haven't watched it in a while, but I felt like seeing it, despite the fact that it isn't exactly the best Terminator movie out there. Naturally T3 screwed with the official canon alot - but I'd still call the movie's subplot of ensuring John Connor's survival somewhat brilliant - I obviously didn't see the end playing itself out quite like that back in the day.

No comments: