Saturday, November 04, 2006

Art born out of boredom

I got a little bored, and then decided to stretch my rather paralyzed, but nonetheless creative artistic muscle for this truly surreal picture:

















I call it Only the Blob Knows for Sure, and I "created" it with the classic Windows Paint, since I happen to enjoy its' crude and dirty colors. As for the symbolism of the picture, I'd say that it definately has something to do with nuclear war, thus the destroyed and apocalyptic city in the background. As for the green blob wearing the groovy purple sunglasses on the foreground, I'd imagine that he is the sole survivor of the landscape, and thus only knows for sure about what happened. Who knows, perhaps the blob is a hungry mutant, who now roams the landscape looking for helpless victims to devour. As for the yellow spots, they're supposed to be the blob's footsteps on the dirty ground, which also prove, that he obviously came from the destroyed city in the background.

I can't say much about the blob's facial expression, it is a mystery: either he has a very ugly smile, and by wearing the groovy eyeglasses thinks of himself as a cool person, or perhaps he has lost all traces intelligence and now just wanders the wastes with an idiotic expression on his face. Or rather, it's face.

Well, this little project proved, that if you're really bored, then there's alot of potential for creating ugly and weird art.

I urge you to get bored.

No comments: