Saturday, April 21, 2007

Double side-step

I've got this assignment for an essay on social linguistics. The second, and final deadline is this month's 30th. So far I haven't had much interest in reading the required segments of the book. I've been having a pretty low morale altogether over this project. And there's a very good reason for it too: the teacher of the course was quite literally a real bastard to me. I'd have never imagined that someone of his status would've been so goddamn childish and lame. What an asshole.

The other problem for the course were the essay books. The guy gave us a list of about ten books, which at the time were all on loan. As I tried to get my hands on just one, all of the books were gone and had been re-loaned by the other 55 students of the course on the waiting list. There were something like 1 or 2 copies per book. Naturally I had to improvise, and took a book which covered some of the essay topics and will write the essay based on the crap in it. I'm still pretty baffled about the university library, which doesn't have enough books to go around for everyone. There's over 5000 students at my university, and there were over fifty people at the course- who all need a book to write an essay about ! Can you spell misorganization ?

Anyway, let's face it, though: that essay needs to be written. And fast. I'll probably get to it later today - which means the night in my case. I've been playing the allied campaign on Red Alert 2 today, and have finally met a mission which is pretty damn hard and tricky. Anyone know how to knock out the powerplants in mission 8, and thus destroy the psychic beacon ? If you do, I'd be real grateful. The various walkthroughs have been pretty crappy over this matter.

It's been raining here again. There's these huge gusts of wind outside and there was even a few piles of snow littering around the roads. Yesterday I almost freakin' hypothermized (sp?) myself while walking to the shop and back. We've still got full-blown winter here anyway you look at it. Those lucky bastards in south.

I also had to sent an email to this particular teacher of a course I was in a month ago. I haven't received my two study points from it. The shittiest part of the matter is, that the teacher-guy just told us pretty casually to contact him personally if we didn't get any points. What the fuck ? When did it become our business to remind the teachers to give us the points ? Aren't they supposed to, like, remember it all by themselves ? Jesus, talk about lazyness. Anyway, I sent him an email about it - hopefully he'll handle the matter soon enough.

I also had this terrible dream last night about witnessing a plane crash here. A passenger jet flew above me and one of its wings ripped away from the rest of the chassis - then the entire jet came down a kilometre away from me. All I could do was to watch the carnage and try to call people about it. What a terrible nightmare to see on a saturday morning.

No comments: